babymoon part 1.



Hi everyone!
I hope you had the merriest Christmas of all!
We are home from our babymoon and man was it magical!
We went to Aspen Colorado and it was the most darling little village I've ever seen.
It was seriously like Narnia.
The entire place was decked out in Christmas decor and it was beyond gorgeous.




The trees and mountains and snow was breathtaking.
 I've never seen anything like it.



We wanted to have a white Christmas, and I don't think we could've ever picked a better place.


It was such a relaxing trip and exactly what we needed.
We lounged, didn't leave our room earlier than noon, tried lots of local restaurants, talked about baby names and parenting techniques, adventured around the town, watched movies, sipped hot chocolate, ate dinner in bed {multiple nights}, napped and just took our time exploring Aspen.
It was the perfect trip for a 31 week pregnant lady.
And the perfect trip to spend with my best friend. 
I love him so much.
He's the best husband and he's going to make an even better dad.
:)



When we first arrived we found the best little burger joint called CP Burger that sat right next to the cutest little ice skating rink. 
It. Was. Delicious.
Even though it was cold outside we sat on the patio, which made the warm food taste even better!
We also got to watch a little ice skating show while we ate.
Oh and they give each costumer a celebrity name so when our food was ready they called out "Harrison Ford!"
Haha I totally didn't realize it at first because when we were waiting in line "Christina Applegate" was called and I totally looked around wondering if it was really her!
I'm so gullible.
But hey it was Aspen, and it's a little town known for hosting Hollywood stars!
You never know?!





Then we walked around and toured the inside of some of the amazing hotels and resorts.
The grounds and lobby's were out of a fairytale!






The town is so quaint.
Everything is brick, the streets are cobblestone.. the whole town is just picture perfect.



Days leading up to Christmas the city puts on "12 Days of Aspen" and the the town transforms into a Christmas village!
There was a really fun activity to do each day, and I swear everyone we met was so gracious and sweet.
This place totally has hospitality down to a T. 
The first day they handed out hot coco, cookies and had real life reindeer {I've never seen one before!!} out for people to feed.
How cool is that?!


Oh and I lost my gloves in one of the fancy smancy resorts.. 
so I had to make do with my scarf.




Every day just before supper time Hotel Jerome hosted classic carolers, cookies and hot coco for everyone to enjoy.
The decor inside this place was unreal.
Totally looked like something from the game Clue.
And again, all the hotel employees and staff made us feel right at home-
they were the sweetest.


Don't those cookies look amazing?!
We had our fare share of cookies and coco I tell ya!
But it's kinda my favorite dessert ever, so I didn't mind one bit.


The interior was gorgeous.


And the carolers were fantastic!
Afterwards we walked around some more-
the shops and little streets were just too cute. 




Once the sun started to set we headed back to our hotel and relaxed for a bit.
Then had a late night Mexican dinner.
It was a pretty perfect first day of our trip!





 Be sure and check out the rest of the our babymoon posts!
That is, if you're not already annoyed by the ba-jillion pics I've posted!
Oops!
Have a lovely rest of your day!
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment