what I eat.


Hi friends!
Today I dedicate this blog post to CARBS!!!
Because this girl loves bread.
And cookies.
And Halo Top ice cream.
And anything and everything that has gluten in it.
But for real.
I wanted to chat about what I eat!
I get asked all the time.
And since I've been nursing for over a year, I never restricted myself because I didn't want to mess with my milk supply.
Hashtag mom life.
But now that Liam is nursing less I wanna pay closer attention to the foods I'm eating and kinda come up with a game plan once this stage is over.
Hashtag that makes me sad to think about!!!!
I counted macro nutrients {IIFYM} before having Liam, and loved the concept.
I've always had to "watch my weight" and have struggled with food my whole life.
Whether it was some fad diet, binge eating, emotional eating, not being educated on nutrition, etc.
And I needed to find something that worked.
Mentally more than physically.
And that's when If It Fits Your Macros came into play.


You can read all about it here!
But long story short, within my allotted calorie amount, I try and eat a certain number of carbs, fats and proteins - depending on what my goals are.
Right now I'm not trying to lose weight.
I want to gain lean muscle and continue strength training instead!
But if you're looking to lose weight, IIFYM is great too!
I love it because it has taught me not to fear fats and eating out-
I don't ever feel guilty about what I eat, and that my friends it huge for me!
I struggled a very long time with unhealthy eating habits and it's so nice not feel or act like that anymore.




Zak does the math behind my macros for me and I'm excited to share my experience with yah!
I'm also going to give daily updates over on my Instagram stories so make sure you're watching!
I use My Fitness Pal to plug in my calories, macros and that's also where I track my weight, food and water intake!
A one stop shop my friends!
And it's FREE!!
Woot woot!
I was able to meet my bestie at our fav restaurant tonight and have my fav burger so yeah- things are going well!
Oh yeah!
So here are some staple foods that I always have in our house, just so you get a gist:
But remember you can eat whatever you want, just make sure it fits your macros!

- Coffee
- FF Creamer
- Rye Toast
- Oatmeal 
{I swear I have had that same breakfast everyday for a year! I save my carbs just for it!}
- LF Cheese Sticks
- Rice Cakes {all flavors}
- LF or FF Cottage Cheese
- Morning Star Veggie Patties
- Eggs and Egg Whites
- PB2 Peanut Butter
- FF Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Light Laughing Cow Cheese
- Fruits {strawberries, blue berries, mangos
- Veggies {califlower, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbag}
- Halo Top ice cream
Also remember I'm a vegetarian!:)
Anyways!
Here's my official "before" pic - however you know I'm all about the self love and never view a "before" photo as bad or negative!
I personally like to take photos so I can see the physical changes!
This pic below isn't edited, no filters and my tan was no longer-
super raw for yah!


Hope this helps!!
I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a lovely day!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Astuteness in eating is to know what to eat as well as when to eat. As Indicated by the Top Skin Care in Houston Eating isn't only a science, but on the other hand is a craftsmanship. Knowing when to eat may make you more youthful and more advantageous for more.

    ReplyDelete