Romie


So it's 11:03 PM..
Later than my normal blog posts.
Zak's sleeping-
he has a big final in the morning. 
I took Romie running tonight and he got scared and suddenly stopped.
I turned around and his harness was off.
He started to run away..
and I chased him.
But then I started to run the opposite way and I got him to chase me, 
thank The Lord it worked.
I kinda dragged the leash to get him to come close and I snatched him right up.
I held him close and carried him all the way home.
I was so mad and scared at the same time and started crying.
I'm really not a cryer either, but it just broke my heart thinking about what could have gone wrong.
He could have just kept running.
He could have slipped through a fence and ran onto the road.
He could have run into another dog..
(he's not good with other dogs).

He's now curled up next to me sleeping. 
He's jumping a little, I'm guessing he's chasing squirrels in his dreams.
For about 20 seconds tonight I thought I lost him and I don't know what I'd do without him.
He's my little bear and I love him so dang much.
If you're not a dog person, or animal person, you probably think I'm a crazy.
But pets really are one of the greatest joys in life.
They love unconditionally.
They're always excited to see you.
They don't judge.
They're always there to comfort you.
And they're loyal and true companions.


I found him on the side of the road almost three years ago, and I couldn't imagine my life without him.

I love you so much pookie bear!

No comments:

Post a Comment