fishy fishy.

Anyone remember that McDonald's commercial where they'd sing 'fishy fishy' about the filet-o-fish sammys? 
Really hoping that's not just me.
Probably though.
Oh well!
I'm usually not one to post about recipes..
literally this is my first recipe I've written about,
but I had to share this one!
I have to admit though, I'm not the biggest cook. 
And it's not that I don't like to cook, it can be fun.. 
{when it doesn't take all day and 123846255937 different ingredients}.
But I work nightside, which in TV news means I don't get home till about 9:45-10ish.
And my mornings consist of Romie walks, working out, getting ready and then pretty much taking off for the station..
so making it beforehand isn't really an option, either.
But on my days off, I do try and be domestic and make dinner. 
Zak and I have tried cooking fish a bunch of times..
and it has either been way too fishy, overly salted, squishy, wet {so gross} or just bad. 
But I finally found a recipe for tilapia that hit the jack pot. 
We like eating it because it's supper healthy for ya and very low fat. 
So, without further adieu,
here is the Greet tilapia recipe Zak and I have been raving about for the last 24 hours!
PS and the leftovers are just as good too,
 score. 
Recipe/photo via Pinterest & missinformationblog.com
Greek Roasted Tilapia Fillets                
Ingredients:
1 1/2 tbsp minced fresh garlic 
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil 
1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley 
 2/3 cup seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes 
1 3/4oz reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled 
1/2 lb tilapia fillets, bones removed 
Salt and Pepper 
Olive oil nonstick cooking spray 
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat a medium baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Mix garlic, olive oil, parsley, tomatoes and feta in a medium bowl. Lightly coat both sides of tilapia fillets with nonstick cooking spray, then season both sides with salt and pepper. Lay fillets side by side, barely touching, in prepared baking dish. Top evenly with tomato mixture. Bake 13-17 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork and is no longer translucent. Serve immediately.

Let me know if anyone tries it! 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment