welcome to new york.


Hi sweets!
I'm so excited to share all of our fun pics from our trip to New York City!
We had an absolute blast and I have about 238203948203948 photos to show for it!
So buckle up and get ready because I'm breaking down our vacation into FOUR posts.
Yikes spikes.
I know that's a lot, but it's Manhattan with my loves, so it's worth it. 
Zak and I have been before, and checked all of the big time tourist attractions off of our list like The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, etc.
So this time we just wanted to adventure around, walk the neighborhoods and just hop from park to park and let Liam explore.
It was perfect you guys.
We had the best trip EVER!
So without further adieu here is the first part of our trip!


Each morning we would seek out the closest coffee shop, and then b line it for a park to let Liam play!
The playgrounds in the city are unreal!
Zak and I kept saying, "it would be so cool to work for the NYC parks department! I mean, Leslie Knope would have a field day!"
Any parks and recs fans out there?!
Anywho!
The boys would play, mama would have her breakfast and coffee and it was a wonderful way to start the day!



On this day in particular {I'm going all outta order just so you know} our goal was to explore the Upper West Side and Central Park.
AKA one of my fav days.
We started out on Riverside Park and walked down along the Hudson River- SO pretty!
Then we had to dip in to the UWS and have some dessert- because we were in NYC with some of the best ice cream spots-so duh! 
We had to!
We tried out Emack and Bolio's and it was amazing!
The cones are insane- I tried the Fruity Pebble and Zak got chocolate with nuts-
So good you guys.
Worth it if you're in NYC!





Afterwards we snagged some Chipotle-
I was literally ordering while eating an ice cream cone..... no shame.
We ate Chipotle like a million times because it was always empty, plenty of space for a stroller, endless Diet Coke and cheap.
When you're in a place filled with the best restaurants, no one wants Chipotle lol so it was a perfect spot for us and our crazy 1-year-old!
Hashtag parent hack.
We got it to go and headed to Central Park!






Chipotle picnics and Central Park- doesn't get much better than that!
The trees were just starting to bloom- those Cherry Blossoms were gorg.





Poor Zak has still never seen the park when the trees are green-
he was a little disappointed to say the least.
But that just means we'll have to come back during summer.
:)



We walked around to the playgrounds, the Belvedere Castle, Bow Bridge {the boat line was PACKED or else we would've done it}, Sheep Meadow, the zoo, Strawberry Fields, The Mall, the Great Lawn and Bandshell, 



After trucking around {we got in like 23,000 steps that day} we headed back to the Upper West Side and snagged some cheap, greasy, unhealthy, but heavenly slices of NYC pizza!
We sat and ate on the curb and and let Liam people watch.
He would wave and flirt at everyone who passed by.
And would call out "dog!" each time a pup popped up.
People watching and seeing all the fancy city dogs and owners was fun- and entertaining for Liam!


PS NYC also has the cutest sidewalks. 
I always found little gems like this walking around.


We then happened to stumble by Milk Bar Bakery!
And hello I had to swing in!
I tried the b'day soft serve with Sprinkles {delicious} and a compost cookie {not my fav, yet Zak really liked it}!
He was such a good sport.
The whole time he would say lets go wherever you want!
So any random mural, ice cream shop and pink brownstone was fair game!
He knows I love that stuff, and I love that he is always patient and goes with my crazy plans! 



We wound our way back through Central Park to get to our airbnb and caught the prettiest sunset at dusk.
This was one of my fav days.
These two just make my heart so happy.






This day was one for the books!
The sun was finally out, it was packed with treat, we explored the great Central Park and Zak and I even snuck in an ice cream date.
Can't wait to show you the rest of our trip!
Watch out for the other 232098 posts.
JK, kinda.

Have a lovely day!

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment