valentine's day traditions.


Hello sweets!
Hope you're off to a lovely day!
Today I wanted to share some of our favorite Valentine's Day traditions with you,
since yah know Valentine's Day is my jam!
I don't know if it's all the pink, chocolate, hearts, celebrating love an overly romantic husband or what?!
But this holiday is always so fun, and I'm ecstatic to share it with Liam now!



Each year Zak and I switch off surprising and planning the whole day for each other!
We love doing this because A. it lessens the stress and B. surprises are the BEST!
Surprising each other has been a tradition of ours for EIGHT years now!
Can you believe it?!


Whether it's waking up to a room filled with heart shaped balloons, a scavenger hunt around our city, tickets to go to the theater, a trip to the zoo, little love notes hidden in our home, rose pedals scattered on the floor-
big, small, grand, tiny, homemade, store bought-
surprising each other has become such a fun tradition and this year-
it's the boys's turn to surprise MAMA!


I kinda can't wait to see what they come up with!
You can read about some of our past surprise Valentine's Days-
here, here and here!
It's hard to pick a favorite, they've all been so sweet!


And you know what else is sweet?!
When you have the perfect outfit to celebrate in!
This year Gymboree outfitted Liam top to bottom with the cutest Valentine's Day gear!
You guys, they have the most adorable Valentine's Day looks for your little-
you can shop them all here!


I've been counting down the days till Valentine's Day because I can't wait to celebrate with Liam!
Even though it's Zak's turn to plan everything, I have a few surprises up my sleeves!
And I'm enlisting Liam to help carry them out.


I think one of the sweetest surprises Zak has ever done was when he left little poems that were actually clues about our date all around our apartment!
Or when he decorated the inside of my car with dozens of roses and a HUGE teddy bear wayyyy back in high school!


But outta all the holidays we've spent together, last years Valentine's Day will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the night before Liam was born!
We spent the whole day just Zak and I finishing up his little nursery, dreaming about our baby and just soaking in the last moments of just him and I!
It was perfect.


I'd love to hear what your One Big Happy Valentine's Day tradition is!
I'm always on the hunt for new ideas!


If you're still looking for some Valentine's Day date ideas, make sure and look out for my next post!
I'll be sharing all of our past holiday plans so you can make Valentine's Day memorable with your honey!
And if you're still needing to find that perfect Valentine's Day outfit for your little, Gymboree is here to help!

Have a lovely day!

xoxo

A special thanks to Gymboree for sponsoring this post! 

4 comments:

  1. Aww this photo shoot with your little man is so sweet! I loved reading about your traditions with your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! I love how you have that tradition still going strong. Sounds like you got yourself a great guy! And I love Liam's outfit, too cute :) Happy valentines!

    Truly,
    -Ney

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet. What a great idea! Chris and I always struggle with who plans Valentine's Day, so this is a perfect compromise! Liam is going to have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over how cute you and your little fam are. Love!!! So so sweet.

    ReplyDelete