happy thanksgiving.


Hope you all had a wonderful turkey day!
Ours was pretty dang good.
It was the first time we hosted dinner, and man I can't wait to do it again next year.
It's kinda like a right of passage, and I think we passed!
From grocery shopping, baking the desserts, finding vintage silver for the table, making placemats and of course cooking all the food- Zak and I both had a blast. 
I couldn't have done it without him!

Some of the yummy spread.
Making some family recipes!


We had my parents and niece and nephew over and served the classic dishes:
- Turkey
- Stuffing
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Green Bean Casserole
- Salad 
- Pumpkin Bread
- Rolls
- Sinful Salad 
- Pumpkin Pie and Ice Cream 
:)
It was delicious!


My bar cart turned into a turkey cart, and I have no complaints. 
THOSE ROLLS. Gimme those buttered up babes right now. 
And the fire alarm only went off once, woot woot.
Poor green bean casserole, I'll try and make ya better next year.
But other than that little flaw, everything else came out great-
which was a little surprising since neither Zak or I had ever cooked an entire Thanksgiving dinner.
I made these fun placemats and we had everyone write down things they were thankful for, which made for a fun conversation while eating.

I also made the napkins into turkeys. Yep, I'm that into the holidays. 




I think I'm going to do something like this each year- it was a fun twist on a formal table setting.
After we gobbled till we wobbled, 
{so cheesy, but I had to use it}
we visited for a while and then took the puppies for a nice stroll to walk off some of the food!


Being pregnant is so weird because I'm usually the first one up to get seconds, but this baby in my tummy makes me SO FULL! 
I couldn't even finish my plate. 
So just writing about the food makes me wish there were still some leftovers in the fridge right about now. 
Mmm.
It was a really nice day, and I was so so so happy to be able to spend it with both my parents.
I'm really close with them both, and it means the world to spend the holidays all together. 

Pop going to town 





And I couldn't end this post without listing out some of the things I'm thankful for-
so here it goes!
I'm thankful for...
- The Lord's love and many blessings
- My wonderful husband
- An energetic little babe growing in my belly
- The cuddliest pup named Romie
- Our downtown apartment that now seems much more homier than ever
- The re-gained health of my mom
- Time with my parents
- Seeing my niece, nephew and sis on a regular basis
- My fit and healthy pregnancy
- Dear friendships 
- People who care for abused and neglected animals
- Yummy holiday food
- Netflix {gotta love binge watching}
- The smell of pine needles from our wittle Christmas tree
- Sugar cookie candles
- But really all candles will do
- The crisp air in the morning
- Crunchy fall leaves, even in the desert
- Evening walks as a family
- Morning walks with Romie
- My loved ones safety
- This crazy medical school journey we're on
- Cozy sweatpants that still fit
- Diet Coke
- Pumpkin Bread
- HGTV's Fixer Upper- AKA my motivation to still go to the gym so I can watch it
- Anthropolgie's Holdiay Playlist on Pandora
- Christmas decorations
- Spending the holidays with family 
- A husband who keeps me laughing non stop
- Cute little baby clothes
- Trips to Target
- Skinny Cows and Smart Ones
- And this new AZ chapter in our life



I could seriously go on and on and on and on...
But I'll stop there and just say I'm forever thankful for the life Zak and I have-
through the ups and downs, trials and triumphs and everything in-between,
it's imperfectly perfect and I love it oh so much.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend!

xoxo

1 comment: