fall bucket list.


Happy Fall everyone!
It's finally starting to cool down here,
and when I say cool down I mean in the 80's..
but hopefully soon enough we'll have chilly mornings and crisp nights that call for a coat and scarf. 
I stumbled across these photos we took last year in Omaha and they made my heart yearn for the seasons.
THOSE COLORS!
Breathtaking I say. 
But with fall here and the weather slowly but surely starting to change, I wanted to post our Fall 2015 bucket list!
We made one last year {you can check it out here}
and boy let me tell you it was so much fun adventuring around trying to fit all of our festivities into the holiday season. 
We certainly had to do it again!
And with all the stuff that's been going on behind the scenes, I think it's more important than ever to soak up the holiday season. 

So without further adieu here's our Fall 2015 Bucket List:


- GO TO A FOOTBALL GAME
- ATTEND A SPOOK-TACULAR HALLOWEEN BASH
- BAKE PUMPKIN BREAD
- PICK PUMPKINS FROM A REAL PUMPKIN PATCH
- GET LOST IN A CORN MAZE
- FIND SOME TERROR-IFIC COSTUMES
- WALK AROUND A FARMERS MARKET
- DECORATE OUR APARTMENT FOR EACH HOLIDAY
- HAVE A PUMPKIN CARVING CONTEST
- GO ON A FALL NATURE HIKE
- CRUNCH IN THE LEAVES
- DONATE TO A FOOD BANK
- TAKE SOME FUN FAMILY PHOTOS
- WATCH A FRIGHT-FULLY DELIGHTFUL FILM 
- MAKE A THANKFUL TREE
- COOK A TURKEY
- WATCH THE MACY'S THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE


We hit almost all of these last year-
check out some of our photos below!
 And I'm hoping we're able to do a majority again this fall!
I think when making a bucket list, you also have to keep in mind how realistic things are for you and your family, because sometimes doing lots can fun, but it can also be exhausting-
so I kinda like to keep ours short and sweet.
Here are some goals we reached last year!

- We made it to a Huskers Game!




It was honestly one of the best days we've ever had.
Check it out here
ULN football is everything in Nebraska and it was so much fun getting all bundled up to watch the big game!
Something I'll never forget.

- We also went to a Halloween party (dressed up as the best dancing duo around), hosted our own Murder Mystery Party, and decorated like crazy-
which was a hoot!
You can check out both posts here and here





- And you know I totally whipped up some pumpkin bread- 
it's a family recipe that's to die for- especially around Halloween! 
Get it?!




- Last year we picked pumpkins from a real patch, got lost in a corn maze, watched a classic scary movie and started our pumpkin carving contest tradition.
Here's that post- 
It was my favorite Halloween ever.




^^ I thought my cat was pretty dang good, until Zak pulled off Mary Poppins..!

-We crunched in many leaves, went on lots of nature walks and toured the gorgeous historic neighborhoods before snowfall. 







- And had a "Friendsgiving" which was a blast and oh so yummy.
Check that post out right here!
Awe I miss our Omaha family :(
Such a good group of people right there. 
The biggest blessing to Zak and I. 



- And we took some pretty fun fall photos I'll keep forever!


However we did miss some stuff-
Like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade- I worked so I wasn't able to catch it, but I'm destined this year!
We still had a wonderful Thanksgiving- check it out here-
but I wanna try my hand at making a turkey this fall, 
and maybe a homemade pie-
 wish me luck!
Haha.
And I made it to a toy drive, but not a food drive so I want to make sure that's a big priority this year.
It's the season of giving, and with a little one on the way I want to make sure lots of our holiday traditions revolve around giving to others in need.

Anywho, sorry for the blast from the past-
just wanted to show yah our list from last year!
It. Was. So. Much. Fun. 
Makes me sure miss Omaha. 
But the holidays should still be fun here- even if it's 95 degrees out ;)

Are you planning on making a festive bucket list?!
If so, what are you putting on yours!
Would love to see what other traditions are out there!

Have a beautiful rest of your day!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment