funky.

I've been in a little bit of a funk lately. 

I try and attribute it to being in a new place, moving, blah blah blah. But really I think what it is is that I don't have a job yet. And not that it's a bad thing. And don't get me wrong, I'm on the hunt for one. And i've been super aggressive about landing one. P.S I even have an interview coming up Thursday {wish me luck}. And {I know I'm using the word and alot, bear with me} I'm not being pressured to find a job either, by the way. Zak and my parents completely understand my situation and support what I'm doing 100 percent. Zak tells me all the time to just have lazy movie days.. and just have fun with my days off {isn't he just the best?}. But for some reason I just can't let myself do that. I feel guilty doing that. So I fill up my to-do list everyday, keeping myself up and going. Parts of me feel like I function better when I'm busy. Or maybe I just hate the feeling of possibly being lazy? Even though lazy bum days can be the best of days.

 I mean as long as I can remember I've always been super busy. Classes, Alpha Phi, Internships, NewsWatch, planning a little thing called a wedding, family, friends- you get it. And now that we're in a brand new place, it's taking a little while to get back into the swing of things. To be completely honest, it's kind of scary jumping into things when they're unfamiliar to you. I always get nervous doing new things, especially by myself. Is this making sense? I feel like I'm just word vomiting. 

I'm determined to get back into the swing of things. For instance, it took me like three weeks to decide on a stupid gym membership. I was scared {isn't that silly?!} to commit to something I wasn't sure about. Well now that I finally have one, tomorrow I going to take a spin class. I thoroughly enjoy cycling. So tomorrow I'm going to get up and go to a class. Period. 

Next, I'm also going to get involved in the Alpha Phi Alumni chapter. Meetings don't start till September, but when they do you can count me in! Oh and by the way I'm hoping to also get involved at the collegiate chapter as well. I miss my sisters. I miss being apart of this lovely organization.

And lastly, I'm going to enjoy the little things in life more, stop thinking so much and understand that I don't have to constantly be doing something to make up for the fact that I don't have a job right now. I'm sure I'll snag a job soon and look back at this post with envy of my days off.


This quote is just what I needed to hear. 



No comments:

Post a Comment