Indecisiveness.




Happy Thursday!
I have the oddest schedule this week and don't go into work till 5 PM today-
no complaints here!
I get to hangout with the husband all day, well kinda, he's working on school stuff. 
He starts school on August 11th, which is right around the corner. 
I can't even explain to you how nice it's been this summer having him all to myself,
I'm going to be a little bummed when he goes back. 
But, everyone says first year of medical school is the worst time wise, so I'm not too worried about our schedule.
This past week I actually had five continuous days off {I have no clue how I lucked out with that}
and it was perfection. 
It was just us two, doing whatever we wanted. 
No errands, no chores, no worries.
From being served breakfast in bed, day dates to the movies, finishing Divergent {I know we're a little late on that one}, eating at our favorite Mexican food spot, cooking homemade pasta with friends, no social media and just ignoring the outside world and all of our responsibilities, it was pure bliss. 
And just what we needed before he starts school again. 

It's crazy to think we're already two years into this long process, and there are still so many unknowns.
I mean, for all we know we could be back in Phoenix this time next year {fingers crossed).
And not just unknowns for his schooling, but for my career too. 
I constantly go back and forth on what I want to do everyday. 
Literally, Zak hears me talk about it daily.
Poor guy.
If someone asked me, "What's your dream job?"
I don't know what I'd say. 
It used to be something in the TV news world, but now I'm there and I don't know if it's so dreamy anymore. 
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do, the people I work with and my station.
It's a really fun job. Stressful, yet fun. And different! Very different. 
But there's a tons of other things I want to try too. 
I mean, heck I'd love to teach spin classes, work for J Crew, start my own videography production company, become a mom, open an animal shelter, and the list could go on and on and on and on. 
Sometimes I don't know if television news is where I want to stay forever, but then other days I don't want to do anything else.
Indecisiveness is horrible! 
I change my mind on what I want to do all. the. time. 
I do know however, that I'm extremely grateful for a supportive husband that takes all my crazy ideas and helps turn them into realities. 
Really, he's the best. 
I have some fun thoughts of what I might want to do in the future, but I'm just holding on tight right now to see how my current work life pans out. 
Making decisions can be the hardest thing to do sometimes, especially when there are so many unknowns. 
I gotta just trust in the Lord's plan and timing. A reminder I need to tell myself everyday. 

Found some quotes to try and help my make up my mind {you know, find some cheesy inspiration} on what to do, but I instead just questioned them, whoops. 

But what if you love multiple things, how do you choose?!

Well what if I want my family to be the largest part of my life?!

So that means Zak and I should just go runaway to Hawaii and have little beach babies?


xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment